High quality, effective work has been a hallmark of the WAP since its inception. Many of the cutting edge techniques utilized in the program come from experienced field practitioners who passionately pursued and developed the weatherization program management systems, residential energy efficiency building science, diagnostics, and advanced installation techniques over the last 30+ years. These state-of-the-art best practices have been shared by a strong peer exchange network and are used throughout the energy efficiency residential retrofit industry.
Client and Outreach Forms
WAPTAC Best Practices is a central repository for documents that can be used as resources for your weatherization program in terms of program management, administrative standards, financial information, and technical standards.
Procurement Best Practices
State Weatherization Field Standards and Guides
- State Weatherization Field Guides are available under Technical Tools - Field Standards and Guides here.
Midwest Weatherization Best Practices
- Chapter 1: Introduction, Table of Contents, Blower Door Testing, Zone Pressure Diagnostics, Duct Leakage, Duct-Induced Pressures, Furnaces and Boilers
- Chapter 2: Water Heaters, Worst-Case Draft Testing, Gas Range Testing, Health & Safety, Air Sealing, Attic Insulation
- Chapter 3: Sidewall Insulation, Foundation Insulation, Window Measures, Door Measures, Clean & Tune Gas and Oil Fired Boilers and Furnaces, Heating System Retrofits, Heating System Replacements
- Chapter 4: Water Heaters, Masonry-Chimney Liners, Heat Pumps and Air Conditioners, Duct Improvements, Baseload, Health & Safety, Mobile Homes
- Chapter 5: Appendix, Client Documents, Final Inspection Tests
- Grantee monitoring policies can be found on the Monitoring page.
Health and Safety
Financial Management Training
Misc. Forms and Checklists